Terms and conditions
The fine print to help you enjoy your stay at our Retreat
Check-in and check-out – all times below are NSW daylight saving time
- Check-in is between 3.00pm and 7.00pm. A late check-in or self check-in is available on prior request.
- Check-out is prior to 10.30am. A late check-out may be available on the day of departure - please enquire the evening before.
ALL our guests are couples or single people
Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat has been designed as a luxury romantic getaway. As such, all our accommodation is strictly for couples only. Each bungalow has only one king-sized bed and amenities for just two people.
- This means that additional guests, including children, cannot be accommodated under any circumstances.
- Pets are potentially harmful to the local flora and fauna and as such are also not permitted.
- Guests arriving with children or pets will be refused check-in and will forfeit monies paid.
Bookings and payments
- All bookings made less than 14 days prior to arrival must be secured within 1 day of making the reservation, with a deposit for an amount equivalent to one night’s tariff or 50%, whichever is the greater.
- All other bookings must be secured within 4 days of making the reservation, with a deposit for an amount equivalent to one night’s tariff or 50%, whichever the greater.
- We also welcome deposits paid by instalments, by leaving a credit card number as security and paying the deposit in instalments of $200 or over. Please feel free to contact us regarding this. The booking is held but not confirmed until the deposit is paid in full.
- Balance of payment is due a minimum of 14 days prior to arrival.
- Arrangements can be made for the balance to be paid on check-in, as long as credit card details are supplied as security. We do not automatically hold your credit card number.
- Bookings may be secured by: MasterCard, Visa, direct debit, cheque or money order.
- Tariffs quoted are effective from 12 November 2015 and are subject to change without notice.
- Guests who have booked through a travel agent must provide a voucher on arrival.
Cancellations and refunds
- As we hold your booking in good faith a minimum of 14 days' notice of cancellation is required. An administration fee of $90 (to cover bank charges and bookings costs) will apply to all cancellations.
- Cancellations less than 14 days prior to arrival will be charged in full; all monies paid for accommodation will be forfeited. We will make all practicable attempts to re-let the cancelled booking, and if the bungalow can be re-let for the entire period at a comparable rate, a refund may be possible.
- 7 days' notice is required to change or cancel massages or set-ups such as the '100 Candle Surprise' Marriage Proposal & Romantic Package or the Summer Rainforest Proposal & Romantic Package.
- No-shows - tariff will be charged in full and all monies paid will be forfeited - including any ordered meals.
- All refunds are less a cancellation fee of $90.
Many credit cards have built-in travel insurance and it is suggested that guests seek domestic travel insurance to cover cancellations, loss of deposits, medical and other emergencies. This costs about $5 a day and is easy to obtain online.
Accessing the Retreat
Our Retreat is easily accessible by any standard 2-wheel-drive vehicle. On the driveway along our property to the accommodation there are some creek crossings. All but a very small fraction of the time, these are very shallow. Because the Retreat is higher up in the valley, we are at the head waters of the creek, so even if there is heavy rain about, its effects can easily bypass us. Our rain catchment area is very small, so if our creek does rise, it drops again very quickly.
The vast majority of the time, even during heavy rain periods the retreat is safely accessible. During extreme weather the personal safety of our guests is of course of paramount importance to us, so if in doubt about access conditions prior to your stay, please ring ahead to check.
We would like to reassure you that if you cannot get to the Retreat due to heavy rain causing flooded roads, we will offer you the option of a refund, or alternatively we can hold your deposit so you can re-book at a time suitable for you (ideally within six months). This way you will still have a wonderful rainforest escape to look forward to.
Length of stay
- All cabins, bungalows and lodges sleep one couple only, with a minimum stay of two nights, unless a single-night space is created between other bookings. Please enquire.
- Minimum bookings are generally two nights, and three nights on long weekends, Easter and between 24 December and 12 January. Special packages and last-minute discount rates are not available over these periods.
Packages and discounts
- Packages are available; their nightly rates reduce for stays of three nights or more.
- Packages are not available during peak periods.
- Packages are available by direct guest booking only, NOT via travel agents.
- We have a real-time online availability calendar.
- 'Last Minute' discounts are likely to apply to all bookings made within 14 days of arrival. Conditions apply.