The fine print to help you enjoy your stay at our Retreat
Check-in and check-out – all times below are NSW daylight saving time.
- Check-in is between 3.00pm and 7.00pm. A late check-in or self check-in is available on prior request.
- Check-out is prior to 10.30am. A late check-out may be available on the day of departure – please enquire the evening before.
ALL our guests are couples or single people
Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat has been designed as a luxury romantic getaway. As such, our accommodation is designed for couples only. Each bungalow has only one king-sized bed and amenities for just two people.
- This means that additional guests, including children, cannot be accommodated under any circumstances.
- Pets are potentially harmful to the local flora and fauna and as such are also not permitted.
- Guests arriving with children or pets will be refused check-in and will forfeit monies paid.
Bookings and payments
- All bookings made less than 14 days prior to arrival must be secured within 1 day of making the reservation, with a deposit for an amount equivalent to one night’s tariff or 50%, whichever is the greater.
- All other bookings must be secured within 4 days of making the reservation, with a deposit for an amount equivalent to one night’s tariff or 50%, whichever the greater.
- We also welcome deposits paid by instalments, by leaving a credit card number as security and paying the deposit in instalments of $200 or over. Please feel free to contact us regarding this. The booking is held but not confirmed until the deposit is paid in full.
- Balance of payment is due a minimum of 14 days prior to arrival.
- Arrangements can be made for the balance to be paid on check-in, as long as credit card details are supplied as security. We do not automatically hold your credit card number.
- Bookings may be secured by: MasterCard, Visa, direct debit, cheque or money order.
- Tariffs quoted are subject to change without notice.
- Guests who have booked through a travel agent must provide a voucher on arrival.
Cancellations and refunds
- As we hold your booking in good faith a minimum of 14 days’ notice of cancellation is required. An administration fee of $90 (to cover bank charges and bookings costs) will apply to all cancellations.
- Cancellations less than 14 days prior to arrival will be charged in full; all monies paid for accommodation will be forfeited. We will make all practicable attempts to re-let the cancelled booking, and if the bungalow can be re-let for the entire period at a comparable rate, a refund may be possible.
- 7 days’ notice is required to change or cancel set-ups such as the ‘100 Candle Surprise’ Marriage Proposal & Romantic Package or the Summer Rainforest Proposal & Romantic Package.
- 3 days’ notice is required to change or cancel Couples Massages.
- No-shows – tariff will be charged in full and all monies paid will be forfeited – including any ordered meals.
- All refunds are less a cancellation fee of $90.
Many credit cards have built-in travel insurance and it is suggested that guests seek domestic travel insurance to cover cancellations, loss of deposits, medical and other emergencies. This costs about $5 a day and is easy to obtain online.
Length of stay
- All cabins, bungalows and lodges sleep one couple only, with a minimum stay of two nights, unless a single-night space is created between other bookings. Please enquire.
- Minimum bookings are generally two nights, and three nights on long weekends, Easter and between 24 December and 12 January. Special packages are not available over these periods.
- Packages are available; their nightly rates reduce for stays of three nights or more.
- Packages are not available during peak periods.
- Packages are available by direct guest booking only, NOT via travel agents.
- We have a real-time online availability calendar.
Book direct with us for the best deals!
- Get real-time availability and rates for different nights and lengths of stay.
- Be sure to check out all our accommodation types, so you don’t miss out on one that’s available!
- And remember to book early! In peak times we are often full well in advance.